Thursday, August 28, 2008

had the "talk"

with my supervisor on why I've been miserable at work lately. I finally disclosed my unhappiness about constantly helping people out, not getting recognized for it, and having to stay here while said coworkers get to leave early and actually take advantage of the summer coupons. I griped about the evils eyes that we get if we in fact get to take some time off to enjoy our summer - see, they give us the coupons to use in the summer if we get our work done. But yet, if we get our work done and want to leave early, we get the eye from some people that says "if you're not that busy and can leave, can you help out so and so?"

So, I finally got everything off my chest and now I feel so much better. My supervisor had a completely open mind and I'm confident that she'll help me get out of this rut I'm in.

On a happier note -Nick is coming home again this weekend! He has the day off Friday, so he will get to our house around 4pm. I'm planning on taking a 1/2 day tomorrow too - I tried last Friday and that didn't work, I got out at 4:40pm, so I've made it pretty clear that I NEED to take a 1/2 day tomorrow. Then we're going to have a cookout Sunday afternoon, so that will be fun.

Ok, time to get back to work here...hopefully things will turn around for me!

No comments: