Wednesday, August 6, 2008

motivation

After some motivation from my co-worker who also happens to be a marathon runner...I'm going to put the Billy Banks Tai Bo DVD in tonight and give it a shot. I need to lose this weight. Each day I get more and more frustrated that I have let myself go.

And what's more disheartening is that I only. need. to. lose. 15. pounds. Do you know how hard it is to lose that? It's not an overly significant amount of weight, so I should be able to do it rather quickly and easily right? WRONG. I can't get movtivated. I can't bring myself to do it. I'm not sure why....I still find myself at 10pm wanting a snack. It's so hard!

BUT, I'm going to do it. I'm going to start a log book on how much I weigh at the beginning - which I hate to admit - but I'm a whopping 130lbs. I've never been over 115lbs. I have to get back to that. 130 may not seem like a lot for many of you, but when you're barely 5'2" - it counts. A lot. All that flub is gathering around my mid-section and it's driving me nuts. I've never been this heavy. Ever. Shit - I wore pants that were a size 14 in kids when I was in college. Not that I want to be THAT little - but I definitely can't continue on the road I'm going. Anyways, this log book will help me see what I'm eating, what work out program I'm doing and how much weight I've lost. I have to get a set of weights too.

I have a reason to be skinny. I'm getting married in 1 year 9 months and then we're going on our honeymoon. I do NOT - I repeat, DO NOT want to wear a one piece bathing suit with a skirt on it on my honeymoon. No thanks.

So, tonight is my first attempt at getting skinny. I'll keep updating on my progress. I hope to lose the weight by Chrsitmas time. That's 4+ months I have to lose 15lbs. That's 3.75lb per month.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Heather said...

If you have trouble doing it on your own... do Weight Watchers!! I honestly swear by it. If you are motivated, Weight Watchers makes it all very easy. I did it all online. Never attended a meeting. I lost about 20 lbs. in less than 4 months.

Also, don't know if you're interested... but I take aerobics classes Mondays and Thursdays at the rec center. I *love* them. First of all, since I've paid for the classes, I'm motivated to go (it's a set day and time every week, so it feels like I'm forced to go). Secondly, the instructor kicks my ass and they are such good workouts!

They're on summer break right now (they don't offer the classes in the summer), but the registration book just came out for the fall. They start right after Labor Day... e-mail me if you're interested! :)

Jenna W said...

Hey Mei, I can help also. If you want, you can come with me to the climbing gym in Rochester (on Univ. Ave.). I'm planning to ask for gym membership for my b-day so I can stay in shape.

Climbing didn't make me lose weight, but it redistributed it into muscles. So when you do it, you'll lose unnecessary weight and gain some sexy muscles.

And you'll be motivated bec. I'll call you and we can do it anytime after work hours. It could be motivation for me too.