Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Work sucks

Work sucks lately. It's been sucky for the past few weeks and I can't seem to shake it off. I'm not sure why exactly, but lots have been going on and barely hanging on. It seems like 5pm can't get here fast enough and even when it gets here, I stay longer to do more work, so I don't get the evil eye from those who think we should work 12 hour days.

On a happier note - Steve and I will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary this weekend. I'm taking a 1/2 day Friday and I'm actually going to leave at 12:15 this time! The last two times I tried using my 1/2 day summer coupons, I didn't end up leaving until 3pm. So, I've made it perfectly clear that I'm leaving at 12:15. We're going to the State Fair with Tom and Nikki on Saturday, so that should be a ton of fun. We plan on ending the day with dinner at Dinosaur BBQ. It's like the best BBQ place ever!

We didn't do too much this past weekend, Friday night Steve and I went to the mall, then went to see Step Brothers. It was sooo funny...we laughed the entire time. Steve could barely hold it together. It was a fun date night. Saturday I had lunch with an old friend. I mean old. I knew this kid when I was like 9 years old. It was good to catch up and it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be.

Sunday Steve and I took the dogs to the park, let them run around for over an hour, they swam in the canal. Then we took a nice long bike ride since the weather was so nice and then just relaxed at home for the rest of the evening...very low key for us these days.

Nick will be coming home again for Labor Day and I'm really upset that Tom and Nikki can't make it up. They have a lot to do for the 1st of each month, so it's unlikely they'll be able to come up.

Wish me luck that this week will go by fast...and painlessly.

No comments: