Monday, August 4, 2008

Guest List - not as bad as I thought!

So I thought for sure the guest list would be hell. I mean...where do you cut the list? How do you decide who to invite and who not to invite? How do you get around the guilty feeling?

Well, luckily for us, it's not a big deal. So far, we haven't had to cut anyone off our preliminary list. I guess we're just lucky, or don't have a lot of friends!! :) Our combined list, with Steve's parents list and my parents list gets us to about 180. Our venue holds 210. They say to expect 15% of the list to decline, so I imagine about 150 people actually coming. This is good though, so if we want to add one here or there, we have the capacity to do it!

I'm inviting probably 3 tables of just work friends. I wanted to include my friends here, the team I work on...some miscellaneous people here and there. Steve is going to invite some work people too...which is super nice that we can include them.

The problem I'm mostly having is the "out of town" family. When I say out of town, I mean overseas. It's weird, because, I feel like there's a good chance they'll show up, but then again, maybe not. I mean, my dad's side of the family is LOADED. I mean, retire when you're 40 loaded, having multiple homes in multiple countries loaded, and I'm not close to any of them. Would they make the trip? Who knows...they might.

So, we're slowly adding to our list now...to fill in the gaps. There were a few people that weren't on the A-list that we'll be considering inviting now. Of course, then there will be the people who RSVP fast and if they can't make it, we'll be popping additionaly invites to our B-listers. For anyone who reads this - you're probably on the A-list - so don't worry!

Hopefully I'll get this list finalized very soon!

No comments: