Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Monkeys riding dogs

We went to the state fair Saturday and met up with Tom and Nikki. We don't get to see them much because they live about 2 hours away...but we try to see them once a month. Nikki and I get together to go shopping and stuff about once a month, but I wish I could see her every day!

We got up at 8am and took the dogs to the park. We knew we'd be gone the entire day, and unfortunately, Hudson needs to be crated when we're not home. He was out for some time, but lost his privileges when he ripped and chewed 8 magazines, his harness and the dog nail clippers. But, leaving him in his crate for an extended period of time really breaks my heart. I know it's harder for me than for him, and I know it's for his own safety. I would die if he ate something that caused a blockage...but still...it's sad to leave him in there when I know we'll be gone all day. So we took them to the park to play and run for about 30 minutes before heading home to start our day.

We left our house around 9:45 and got to Syracuse right around 11am. We met up with Tom and Nikki and blazed a fast one in the car before heading into the fair. It was hot. Really. effing. Hot.

My favorite thing about fairs and carnivals is the food. Who doesn't love carnival food? The roasted corn...the ice cream...hot dogs...fried dough...it's all sooo good.

We saw bears riding bikes and dancing. We witnessed monkeys riding dogs in a race...it was out of control. And very funny.

We left around 6pm and we were beyond tired. The sun really wore us out, along with walking around the fair the entire day. It was fun.

No comments: