Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Invitations and such

It's official. My sister is going to design our invitations. This way, we'll save ourselves some money, my sister will be heavily involved in the wedding, and we'll have really nice invites and all the other things that come along with invites. What she's going to design:
1) Invitations/envelopes
2) RSVP cards/envelopes
3) Directions to/from reception site and hotel
4) Programs
5) Thank you cards/envelopes

This way, each little piece will look similar to each other. What I've found, is that when you buy invitations online or whatever, they don't come with all these pieces. They typically come with just the RSVP card and you have to purchase all the other stuff separately. Now all I have to do is find a printer willing to do this work for a low, low price. It'll put my negotiating skills to the test!

Nothing much else is going on. Steve and I took a stab at gardening on Sunday. Not real gardening, but we realized that one of our trees/bushes or whatever was getting quite overgrown so Steve decided to cut some branches down. I must admit, it looks really nice! So then, I, finally, decided to weed some areas that were getting out of control. Before I realized it, we had spent like 3 hours outside. It was such a nice day, it was good to be out in the sun.

We took the dogs to the park Sunday morning - it had been a long time since they've been there and they had fun swimming. At one point the dogs were running pretty far from us, so Steve and I hid in the brush. It was hilarious watching the dogs run past us, stop, look around and run back. Shelby did end up finding us, so we pulled her into the brush with us and Hudson was running back and forth, back and forth trying to find us. I have to admit - I'm proud that he even bothered trying to find us. He's the type of dog that I thought would just run free and not even care where we were. So finally, he found us - it was so funny.

Then this couple arrive with their 6 dogs and they had absolutely no control over these dogs. Two ran off into the woods immediately after being released from their vehicle. The husband went off screaming loudly at these dogs to come back - like that would work. I'm sure your dog would LOVE to come running back to you, while you're screaming that you're going to kick it's ass when it gets back to you. Riiiight. Good luck. So Hudson is off with that man, trying to locate his two dogs and Steve and I think it's about time we left. Hudson is soooo far away from us and we're calling his name and telling him that we're about to go and here he comes, running like the wind, straight for the truck. What a good boy. He made us look really good, with allllll those dogs running amuck, he still recalled really good. Phew. I was NOT about to chase him through the woods. Maybe that $100 OB class actually worked?

Nick is coming up Friday night. I can't wait to see him! I didnt' get enough Nick time when we went camping for obvious reasons, so it'll be nice to have him around for a couple days.

No comments: