Monday, July 21, 2008

New fridge!

Saturday we got a new fridge. We had been looking for a few months, since our fridge was clearly from the 1970's (maybe not THAT old), but it was old. It was tiny. It was that beautiful cream color.

When we moved into our house, the one thing that bothered us was that none of the appliances were updated. The dishwasher was OK, but that was the only thing that was OK. The fridge was really old and small. The stove - God, what do I even say about the stove. Horrendous, dirty, again, that beautiful cream color. That stove was really from the 1970's. The washer and dryer we have - OLD. Still works, but energy efficient? Not at all.

So we got a new stove back in January. Stainless Steel and flat top cooking surface. Gorgeous. We had to be conscious of what we were buying, we had to stay in our budget. So we got the stove during some special, with this % off because of this reason, free delivery, a rebate check, plus, when the stove got to our house, there was a tiny scratch on the side (which no one can see because it's between cabinets) and we got another $75 gift card to Sears. Not a bad deal!

The fridge. We've known it was coming for a while now. We knew we'd need a new fridge...and soon. So we bit the bullet and got one. We got the Ultra Satin Kenmore Elite side by side fridge. It's the coolest. I will have to post pictures tonight when I get home. We also put up the stainless steel range hood that my parents were going to throw out (it's in perfect condition!) So now our kitchen looks completely different! I'm so excited. This is proof that we're OLD. Proof because getting new appliances was so fun. I mean really fun. We kept opening up the doors to peek inside. It's HUGE too. I didn't really realize how much bigger it was until it was standing in our kitchen next to our old one. It's 25.4 cubic feet and it's ginormous. I love it. It changes the dynamic of our kitchen completely and now it looks way more upscale.

On another note, after mom and I went to Sears for the fridge, we stopped and had lunch at Biaggi's. I had a salad (trying really hard to eat healthier and get fit). Then after lunch, mom and I went to Mrs. Burkhart's bridal shop. I have to correct myself here, Mrs. Burkhart was NOT my 10th grade English teacher, I was confusing her with Mrs. Birkmeier. Mrs. Burkhart was the home economics teacher in HS. I never had her, but after remembering who she is, I do remember that everyone LOVED her. I had a few friends that had her and just adored her. She was in the back of her shop, so I didn't get a chance to see her. She did remember Steve though. She did the "OH yeah...I remember him."

The reason for trying on dresses on Saturday was to get a feel of what I would look good in. I am not buying anything until I lose the weight. But, I figure, I can at least try on different styles. I pretty much knew I'd love anything A-line, but I wanted to try on big dresses, just for fun.

I realized that since I have a very short torso, I can't wear the dresses where the waist is dropped and there is a hard line of where the waist should be. I need to have a dress that is one piece, no corset. I found one that I did like a lot - the back was so sexy. It laced up the back just a bit, then the buttons down the back was very dramatic and it had a long train. We'll see what I like in 6 months after I've lost some weight here. But man...dresses are heavy! I got to stand on the pedestal to see the front/back in the mirrors, it was fun.

Ok, time to get to work! Lots to get done today!

No comments: