Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So the date is set...sort of

Steve and I have decided on May 29, 2010 for our wedding date. We're starting to tell people that's our date too. The only problem: the date can't be officially set until the end of September. The 2010 calendar is not out yet for Casa Larga. May 29 has been put on "hold" for us until the calendar/contract it out at the end of this summer. I'm not that worried about it, but my mom is. I think that if we're the first and only couple requesting that date (which we are, I asked) then as SOON as the calendar comes out, we'll get first dibs on signing the contract and putting a deposit down. Right? That's how it would work right? My mom is getting antsy that she's telling people and we *might* not get it. But how could that happen right? I think she's losing her marbles a little. I think we'll be fine.

Also, I had started a preliminary guest list a while back and brought it to mom's yesterday. We added her people in and family members etc. It's much harder than I thought it would be. I have a TON of cousins on my dad's side of the family...none of whom I know very well at all, and since a majority of them are overseas, there's a really good chance they won't make it. I mean, who the hell wants to visit Rochester for a day? A weekend? Not much to do around these parts. Of course we'll invite them anyways, but know that they probably won't show.

I want to keep our list to 200 (the capacity at Casa Larga is 210). So I'm thinking maybe 175 will actually show up. I asked FMIL to also provide a list and we'll cut down if we go too far. Hopefully I can cross this off my list in the next couple of weeks.

I'm requesting any and all information from past brides, future brides, people at work etc. to help me with DJs, florists, etc. They've been through it or have already researched it so hopefully, my search will be pretty easy. I definitely want to use people that others have used so I can get their first hand experience on how well/not well it turned out.

I'm excited for Saturday. New refrigerator and dress shopping. Fun!

No comments: