Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting ready for camping

We leave tomorrow morning! I'm SO excited to get this little vacation started! Of course, Steve has the day off today so I've enlisted his help to get us ready. I made a list for him this morning so he would have something tangible to bring with him (god knows he won't remember on his own). He needs to make 3 stops today: 1) Vet to get flea/tick stuff for the dogs and ask about sleeping pills for Hudson. Hudson gets anxious and whiney when he's in the truck for too long. Steve doesn't agree with medicating the dog for that reason, but I'd rather not deal with it. It won't hurt him, just make him sleepy. If Steve does not get the pills, I have Benedryl with me. 2) Wegmans to get some groceries for the trip: hotdogs, chips, beverages, snacks etc. 3) Home Depot to get hooks for the ropes we are using as tie outs for both dogs. Actual tie outs cost like $35 each so just using a sturdy rope (think rock climbing rope) with hooks at either end will allow us to tether each dog to a tree.

Then tonight, after I get home, we're going to head to Old Navy to get a few things. Steve needs swim shorts, I want a few tops. Then, when we get back from that, I'm going to make a quick dinner and start packing the truck. Steve wants to be on the road around 8am. Check in is at noon, and it takes about 4.5 hours to get there. Nick should be getting there around the same time as us. Tom and Nikki will get there afternoon sometime - maybe 3-4? And Alex and Hana won't get there until later in the evening.

Lots to get done today! I'm hoping work goes well today. I have one client presentation meeting at 3pm...I'm not TOO worried about it, but presenting anything to clients is intimidating.

And, I'm hoping our wonderful executive team will close the doors early today and let us leave at 4pm! We'll see.

No comments: