Friday, July 11, 2008

still home

I went to the doctor's again yesterday morning. The second he saw me, he shook his head. My cough is still horrendous. I'm still coughing up a ton of phlegm. Still feeling pretty gross. He took another listen to my lungs and told me that I actually sound worse than I did when I left the hospital on Monday. Great. Just the news I was hoping to hear. He told me I couldn't go back to work until at least Monday. That's one FULL week of being stuck at home recovering. I have another appointment tomorrow morning for him to check my lungs out again. I'm really hoping he'll give me the go ahead to work starting Monday. I feel like my life has been put on pause, I feel like I'm frozen in time. I feel horrible that I'm dumping all my work on my coworkers, even though I know I would be no good at work if I can't focus or do any work.

Today I ran errands with Steve. I HAD to get out of the house. Even though it was raining, I couldn't stay in the house any longer. I stayed in the car while Steve ran his errands, so I wasn't exerting any energy whatsoever. I feel pretty good if I'm stationary. I just took a shower and that totally winded me again. I'm no longer doing breathing treatments every 4 hours, more like once every 6 to 8 hours which is a major improvement.

One errand today was to get the estimate for fixing our lawn after a drunk driver plowed through our front lawn and took out our mailbox. That'll be a couple hundred bucks. Stupid drunk driver. This stupid idiot actually ran from the scene of the accident too. A cop was following him the entire time and witnessed the accident. This freak lives like 30 seconds up the street from us. He wasn't even 21 years old. His birthday is at the end of this month. I really hope his license gets taken away until he's 25. He could have plowed through our house! He could have killed someone! I hope this is a lesson for him. Now that we got that taken care of and faxed to the insurance company, hopefully we'll get our money back soon.

I got my first bill for my ER visit in Pennsylvania. Thank god for medical insurance. The total bill was about $500, I only have to pay $75. That's for ONE ER visit though, not including my second ER visit and ambulance ride to Strong. Great. I'm just grateful I have insurance. I can't imagine those people who have to pay out of pocket for that shit! It's insane to think about.

I emailed the special events coordinator at Casa Larga asking if we could go on another tour. Steve hasn't seen the inside yet...and I know he'll be blown away. After the 2010 calendar gets in, we can put our deposit down. Then after the date is actually set, we can start looking for photographers and DJs and such. That will be fun. I also want to get in touch with Pittsford Wegmans, I hear they do a mean job with flowers (reasonably priced too).

So many weddings coming up! Our friends Alex and Hana are getting married next June. Jen and Chris are getting married next June too. Then the year after that is our wedding! At least I will have friends to chat all things wedding with. Two girls at work are also getting married! Having all these girls going through the same thing is exciting for me. That way, I won't feel like that's ALL I'm talking about and boring the shit out of people.

Even though I want to invite everyone I've ever met to our wedding, I do hope people understand that we can't invite EVERYONE. We have to have limits. We have a budget to stick to. So, please, please understand that if you don't get invited, doesn't mean at all that we don't love you!

I'm trying to get started on our guest list. I have a preliminary list started, but I have to run it by Steve. I also have to get both sets of parents to give me a list. I'm thinking we'll end up inviting around 200 people, and maybe 175 will show up. Not sure.

Ok, stay tuned for more updates later!

1 comment:

Jenna W said...

Well, I know you're bored at home, but it's good for you. Just rest and take the time to heal. It's not worth going to work before your health is ready because then you'd end up getting sicker!

I'm coming back in September. I'm planning on finding any job for 6 months to save money... so if your office needs someone who is good with computers... I'd be up for it.

Just get better, and take it easy!