Wednesday, July 9, 2008

feeling better

Today is better than yesterday. Not much though. If I'm sitting and relaxing, I'm pretty much fine, however, once I get up and exert any type of energy, I'm winded and weak. Just taking the dogs outside to pee is tiring for me. I really hope this sickness goes away fast so I can get back on track with my life.

I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow morning at 8am, but I'm not sure he'll let me go back to work. Although I work in an office environment, there are a ton of stairs, lots of walking around etc. I'm not sure I can handle that. I don't have many sick days left either, so there's a good chance I'll be forced to take time off without pay. Oh well. Shit happens right?

Steve is back to work today too...I'm a little worried about him...he didn't seem too healthy last night, but he needed to get back to work too. He should be home soon. Hopefully he's feeling better with the antibiotis pumped in him.

So with all this time on my hands, I've been researching wedding stuff. We know we're going to get married on May 29, 2010. We're hoping to make a trip over to Casa Larga this weekend if I'm feeling up to it so Steve can see the place. Then we'll put our deposit down and start the rest of the planning. Once we have the date/location set, it's time to find a photographer. Then we can get our engagement pictures done. Then after that I can start on the guest list and start on finding save the dates. Since Steve and I have the same friends, our portion of the guest list is almost done. The parents just have to give me their lists and we'll go from there. I'm thinking we'll invite around 200, and maybe land on 175 or so.

We also know that we're going to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We'd make our first stop i Honolulu, spend a few days to a week there, then hop on a place to either Maui or Kuaui (sp). I'm hoping we'll be able to spend 12 days on vacation there. We'll see. Instead of staying in hotels, I think we're going to look into renting a private condo. That way, we'll have a full kitchen and all the amenities we normally enjoy.

Argh, I'm so sick of being sick! I hate this feeling of weakness and vulnerability. I'm tired of watching TV. I love being home with the dogs and spending time with them, but I'm so ready for adult conversation and actually using my mind for something. This kind of confirms that I will never want to be a stay at home mom. God bless you all for that...but I NEED, desperately NEED to get back to my real life.

Wish me luck at the doctor's tomorrow and let's hope I'm able to get back to work this week.

No comments: