Saturday, July 12, 2008

Better today

I went and saw the doctor again this morning. Thankfully, he's not making me make appointments with him, I can just walk in so he can take a listen to my lungs. This way, I'm not paying my $25 copay each and every time. Phew. He says I sound much, much better today! My cough is still "really crummy" according to him, but I can probably go back to work Monday! He says it's up to me. I'm going to give it a shot. If I can make it, great, if not, I can take a half day. And he wants to see me one more time next week.

Today Steve and I stopped at Casa Larga to take a quick peek. There was actually another wedding going on, but they were in the one little room and Steve and I looked into the cocktail bar/area and the ballroom. The ballroom is the most important thing anyway. The staff was busy putting up tables and chairs and chair covers etc. It looked nice. The wedding cake was over in the corner too, that was pretty cool to see. Steve was impressed (as I knew he would be) by the HUGE windows that are all around the room, especially in front of the marble dance floor. The view. The scenery. Oh...it was so nice! I'm soooo excited now that we were able to walk through it a little. We were there less than 10 minutes...but you get the feel of it by just walking up the stone walkway with the water fountain running. So pretty. I can't wait! My mom wants to put the deposit down asap, so I'll have to contact the wedding coordinator.

Steve and I also stopped at Sears to look as some refrigerators. Ours is really old, small...not energy efficient. It's been working ok, but sometimes, due to the placement of the thermometer, our stuff goes bad because the temp got moved by accident, or our shit is frozen solid. It's super annoying. We try to be conscious of it, but c'mon...just by putting milk in the fridge, if by chance you barely TOUCH the knob, it moves all the way to "coldest." So we saw an LG one we liked a lot. We also saw a nice treadmill on sale for $599 too. And we saw a dishwasher we like that will match our stove and new fridge. Of course, all we need now is the money to pay for it all! Haha...fridge and treadmill are #1 to us...

Tonight is our friend's sister's graduation party. Fireworks, catered food...the goods. It'll be good to see everyone since I have been MIA for the past 2 weeks. I don't think any of them have even seen my ring! I can't wait to show it off! My friend Jen will be there too and she's getting married next June...we can chat weddings! I need to get out of this house, so I think I can handle going to Rich's. I mean, I can just sit there in a chair or something. No biggie.

No comments: