Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to work

Yesterday was my first day back to work since I got sick. I took it pretty easy, took the elevator as much as I could (even though it's slow at SHIT) and was pretty much fine throughout the day. I did get really tired towards the end of the day...around 2-3pm I started to feel fatigued. Oh well, I made it to 5pm and went home to relax. I'm thinking I'll be like this a few more days - before my body gets used to getting up and doing stuff during the day.

I found out from an old high school acquaintance that my old English teacher from 10th grade has her own bridal shop about 45 minutes away from my house. I'm going to stop in there this weekend with Mom to start the wedding gown shopping I think. Just to get a feel of what I'm looking for. I'm not going to purchase anything until I've lost the 15 pounds I want to lose....but I really want to just see what's out there! What's funny - is that I mentioned to Steve last night that Mrs. Burkhart has the bridal shop and he said when he was cleaning out our closet, he found an old yearbook and flipped to a page that had her picture on it. Then I asked him if she'd remember him at all and he said "well, I don't want to mention it, but Sasha used to go to her all the time to complain about me" so that's pretty funny. She was a psycho path from the start!

I'm really excited to try on dresses! Even if I don't buy one or pick one out! Just the fun of trying them on and seeing what style really suits me! I know I want an A-Line gown, but maybe a ball gown would be fun? Not sure! So many ideas floating in my head!

Steve today has a few appointments - he needs new glasses, and he has a dentist check up. He's been getting bad headaches lately and he thinks it might be from his teeth. He hasn't had a dental check up in god knows how long - at least as long as we have been dating - 3 years! He's crazy. I always try to remind him, but to him, it's just me nagging. Let's see how many cavities he's got. Maybe that will make him go see a dentist every year.

Well, dinner tonight at Mom's house....

1 comment:

Jenna W said...

Glad you're better. Yeah Steve should go to the dentist. Jogl didn't go to the dentist until one of his teeth cracked in half when he chewed on hard bread. Plus Jogl has lots of fillings. So who knows how many teeth he'll have when he's old...

Well I'll see you in September, for sure!