Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mom's home!

Every winter my mom heads off to Thailand, or China, somewhere overseas. She usually goes for about 4-6 weeks to get away from winter. This time though, she decided to stay for 10 weeks. 10 weeks is way too long for me to go without my mom! My dad took 3 weeks vacation and met her in China so they could take a tour together....but man...it's way too long for them to be gone.

She brought back lots of goodies as always, she got me a new LV purse for summer, the entire family (minus my sister) got new Northface jackets, (except for dad - he wanted a Columbia one) so aren't we so cute with our matching jackets! She also got me a Prada shoulder bag, a hair putter-upper and two pairs of sandals. We love when mom brings home gifts.

Anyways, we were able to catch up some yesterday, Steve and I went over there for dinner...since Steve was going to be a bit late, we had time to chat. Of course, being a mom (MY mom especially) her first question was "do you have a ring!?" - no. I don't. Let's not talk about that right now.

But, things are good, now that Mom is home...we missed her home cooking for sure....so we loaded up with enough to last a couple more meals.

1 comment:

Jenna W said...

Yay! I'm glad they're back and safe. 10 weeks is a long time, but I wish I could take a holiday like that. I'll just have to settle for 3 weeks then.

Mom's thinking of me going with the fam to Thailand in Feb. instead of coming to NY for Christmas, since there's nothing to do where they live during the winter. I'm down for more Thailand...