Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My box and the weekend

Phew! I got the box *almost* done!

Let's start from the beginning of my weekend. Steve works 3 out of 4 Saturdays a month. So that means I only get him one Saturday a month - which kind of stinks because I was used to him working Mon-Fri 8am-5pm. We were able to enjoy our weekends together running errands, taking the dogs to the park, random stuff. Now that he works on Saturdays, I have to cram all my Steve time into Friday night and Sunday. This past weekend I was all excited to have him to myself - until he told me that he had serious plans all day Saturday to move all of Grandpa's tools to our house. I was a little disappointed, but he could only do it that day because his one friend with the huge trailer was only available that day. So in the morning we took Hudson to class (don't ask - he was OK, but got aggressive with another dog), we swung by the house, picked up Shelby and headed to the vets. She needed all her shots, Hudson's ear was itching...you know...same BS...that costed us over $200! So right after that, we had a car appointment at Dick Ide so I could get a new key made for my truck. The original that came with the truck was all bent and looked like it was about to fall apart. The service people needed an entire HOUR to program a key! WTF? And it took LONGER than that! Anyway, Steve and I decided to grab lunch while the car was there, we took the dogs and walked down to Popeye's. We sat on the curb and ate our chicken while the dogs were tied up to a tree...it was nice. The weather was gorgeous, so it was kind of like a picnic.

After lunch we went back to Dick Ide and got the truck - Steve was a little antsy since he told his friend to meet us at our house at 12:30 - it was already 12:40 when we left the dealership. So we make it back and I settle in to enjoy my entire Saturday alone. Right before he leaves, Steve asked if I'd like to tag along - help move stuff etc. Of course I said OK, I'll help out for a couple of hours. Being Steve, this "couple of hours" turned into 7 hours. That's right. 7. He forgot this, he forgot that. He didn't bring directions, he wrote down the wrong directions, we drove out to bumblefuck to deliver grandpa's old car to one of Steve's co-workers, it was a mess.

We got home around 7:30 and I passed out until 9:30.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Steve and I got up and headed out the door around 10:30 to pick up the Edible Arrangements I got for his mom and my mom. We went to my mom's for lunch, ate some really good food and stayed for a couple of hours. Then we headed over to Steve's mom's house and stayed there for about an hour.

We got home and started on the card box. I wish I had pictures of it to post! It was easier than I thought, but took longer than I thought. It was good because it let Steve use some of grandpa's tools that we just brough home. We finished it in about 2 hours, maybe 2.5 hours. But it came together nicely and we didn't run into any problems whatsoever. Steve really liked it, maybe I'll make one for us when we get married....if we get married.

Anyways, I'll post pictures when I take some!

No comments: