Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Woah - it's all done and over!

Wow - all that wedding planning and insanity...for 8 months...is now done and overwith. All I can say is that this past weekend was one of the most fun I've had in a long time...it may go down in history as one of the best times ever!

I headed down to Binghamton Wednesday afternoon so I could meet up with the girls for Nikki's bachelorette party. The limo was scheduled to pick us up at 5:30. I made it to Nikki's at 5:15. Just in time. We proceeded to drink 4 bottles of champaigne, along with beer on the ride up to Syracuse for Dinosaur BBQ. We ended up waiting 1.5 hours to get a table, after the dumb hostess girl decided to make faces at us, we spoke to the manager and was promptly seated. We didn't have any extra time to go out to the bars like we had planned since it took so long at dinner, but we still made the best of it. We drank more on the way back to Binghamton and stopped at a local bar to pee. The live "band" (one guy and his guitar) wanted to sing to the bride-to-be, so we dragged Nikki in there and she got serenaded to. We all passed out by 1am. One of the girl's husbands was kind enough to cook us all breakfast Thursday morning. It was awesome.

Thursday, after being up at 6:30am (thanks Nikki!) we just moped around the house for a few hours, stopped at the jewelry store, smoked, watched TV, played guitar hero, then around 7pm headed over to Nikki's mom's house to help with all the cookies and favors.

We went back to Nikki's house and hung out for the rest of the night. We were all passed out by 12:00am.

Friday morning came around and it was time to get manicures and pedicures. We met up with some of the girls at Wal-Mart (cheap salon!) and got our nails done. I've never had a pedicure, and it was awesome! My feet look pretty! So right after Wal-Mart, it was time to get back to Nikki's house to get ready for the rehearsal dinner. We walked through the rehearsal a few times before dinner, and it was much easier than I thought. The food was awesome, we had an open bar...good times definitely had by all. After the dinner, some people wanted to go out, but the smart, rational people decided that it'd be better to just hang out for the night and be well rested for the wedding the next day. The girls drove to the bus station to pick up one more girl, but then we found out that there was a terrible delay in NYC, a fire in Lincoln tunnel, traffic jams everywhere, so we ended up going back to Nikki's to wait for the phone call. It finally came around 11:30pm, so the girls went to pick up Leticia and I waited back at the house. After she got picked up, the girls went over to Nikki's parents to sleep and the boys stayed at Tom's house. Nerves were going crazy, even I was shaking a little!

The next morning (wedding day!) the girls got up early and headed to the salon to get our hair and makeup done. Nikki was a ball of nerves and I started the crying. I have to admit, I didn't think I'd cry as much as I did, but when I told Nikki that I thanked Tom for bringing her into my life, we both started sobbing. Even though I've only known her for maybe 3 years....she's one of my best friends. So we stopped the crying and got down to business with our hair. Nikki wanted all of us bridesmaids to wear our hair up, while Chelsea, her sister and maid of honor would have her hair down. By the time all of our hair was done, we quickly headed over to Nikki's mom's house while Nikki stayed behind to get her hair finalized. We got each other dressed rather quickly and wait for Nikki and her mom to get back. Wow, I must admit, we were all stunning! Nikki of course looked angelic - it took MY breath away!

It all happened so fast, by the time Nikki got her dress on, the photographer was here! We took a bunch of pictures, about an hour's worth and headed over to the golf course! It was insane.

When I saw the boys for the first time all dressed in their tuxes, it was so cute! I loved every second of it! I got to walk with Nick and Steve and it was fantastic! I can't wait til the pictures are developed. I'll be sure to post some when I get them!

We got there and waited for our turn to walk. Everything happened so smoothly, everyone had a great time...

What a great memory to have.

No comments: