Monday, May 5, 2008

We made it through another busy weekend!

So as I mentioned in previous posts - this Spring is absolutely insane for Steve and I. This past Friday was Grandpa's funeral - which was awful. As soon as we arrived at Grandpa's house, the tears were flowing. We made it over to the church which was fine, but since I'm not Catholic and Steve's family is not religious, it was a lot of sitting and standing and sitting again. Right after the church service, we headed over to the cemetary where Grandpa and Grandma's headstone was. It was raining, as appropriate for the kind of day it was.

The military was there for the formal burial of vets and as soon as the trumpet started, everyone there lost it. Sobbing, bawling...it was horrible. The flag folding was beautiful as well...and Grandpa would have loved it. It was especially hard to see Uncle Joey accept the flag. *sigh*

After the cemetary, we all headed over to the school for a reception. Food was good, lots of people who fondly rememebered Grandpa Teenie (as he was mostly known as). It was good to see all of Grandpa's friends, it was good to hear their stories. A few people (I had NO clue who these little old ladies were) kept coming up to me and saying to one another "this is Teenie's grandson's wife" - a little awkward since they were clearly talking to each other and not to me. I corrected them and told them that Grandpa Teenie was waiting for us to get married...but that we were not....yet.

Steve and I kept it low key for the rest of the day/evening.

Saturday didn't start out that great either. I was up most of the night with Hudson, who kept whining all night. I thought he had to go outside to pee....so every time I got up to check on him, he'd be standing over Shelby, whining, so I knew he didn't have to pee, but he just wanted to sleep in her bed. She was sound asleep and Hudson desperately wanted to sleep in the bed that Shelby was sleeping in. You see, this is a bed we got for Shelby before Hudson joined our family. We spent way too much money on this micro-fiber ultra thick doggy bed. So after that, I bought two new beds, one for each, but since it's not like the other good bed, neither of them want to sleep on those. Of course. So until about 2am, I was trying to get Hudson to lay on his own bed. Finally, he fell asleep in OUR bed, between Steve and myself. Fine. Whatever, as long as you're freaking sleeping. I got a solid 4 hours of sleep when I wake up at 6am due to a handful of dog throw up. That's right, I hear licking at 6am and go to tap Hudson on the nose and scooped up a handful of dog puke. FUCKING GREAT - DOG PUKE IN OUR BED. So I throw the laundry downstairs, clean up the puke and try to go back to bed. Mind you, I have to be up at 7:30am so Hudson and I can get ready for class.

It's a hectic morning to say the least, but Hud and I made it to class on time. I put the prong on his this time since last time I barely had control. He was an angel most of the time during class! He kept looking at me intently, ignoring all the barking dogs and such....definitely an improvement since last class! I'm really going to try really hard this week to keep up with the training at home. It's been tough lately, being so busy and all, but really, I have to buck up! I spent $100 on this class!

So then after OB class, I dropped of Hudson at home, quickly grabbed my dress and headed over to the dress alteration lady's house. There I stripped and she measured and I was done and out of there in 30 minutes. Phew. At least that was easy! I then headed over to Target to grab a card and a gift for my friend who's engagement party was that afternoon. I got home around 1:25pm, popped 5 pizza rolls in my mouth for lunch, then headed right to Gretchen's house so we could be at the party by 2pm.

That party ended around 4:30, so I dropped G off at her house, and headed home. Finally. I called Steve to tell him I was on my way. Hudson puked again in his crate. Lucky for me, Steve was finally the one home to deal with it. I finally was able to sit on the couch and relax a little before heading back out for Rich's birthday party. I was not up for a late night, so we drove separate and I got home Saturday night around 11:30pm. I woke up again only to find I was sleeping in warm liquid. Hudson puked AGAIN. (Damn you Steve for bringing home those awful cow hooves!!!!) so I'm up again around 12:30 doing more laundry.

Then on Sunday, was Charli's 2nd birthday party. She's so damn cute I can barely take it. I can't believe she's TWO. I seriously remember going over there when she was like 3 months old....she's so big now and talking and everything. That was fun. We made it home around 3:30 and then we both fell asleep until 7pm!!! But let me tell you, I needed that nap! I still was able to fall asleep at my normal bed time, around 11pm....even with a 3 hour nap!

Thank god we don't have plans for this weekend.

No comments: