Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Moto GP

Steve and I have never taken a vacation together - just us. I mean, never. We've gone camping for a few days together, but that's not really vacation...at least not to me. When we went out to California for his sister's wedding, we met up with Nick, Dan and of course his parents where there as well. So, lately, I've been bugging Steve to take a vacation with me. Just a little one. Nothing insane, nothing crazy, nothing too expensive. I mean, we ARE saving for a wedding here. So something random came up one day when Steve was watching motorcycling racing on TV. I asked if he'd be interested in actually going to one of these races. Of course, the answer was yes. Even though I'm not totally into bike racing...I think it'll be fun! I hopped on the computer to find the nearest race. There are only 2 in the US. Most of the races happen in Europe, where motorcycle racing is much more popular.


Hmmmm...the one in Laguna? That seems to be either sold out or tickets aren't available. I mean...a trip to California would be nice...but Laguna seems expensive. Our only other choice is the Moto GP in Indianapolis at the end of August. We're kind of using the excuse of our anniversary for this trip. By the time of this trip, we will have celebrated our 4 year anniversary! I can't believe it's been almost 4 years already!
So for the past week or so, I've been busy digging up details for this potential trip. To fly there, it'd be about $500 for the two of us. Gas would be about $150 each way if we chose to drive...and it'd save us about $200. Hotels in downtown Indianapolis aren't cheap by any means. We don't want to stay in a Super 8 Motel either by the way. We want to enjoy our hotel room. We don't want to feel like we have to rip the sheets and comforter off the bed and sleep fully clothed so as to keep the bed bugs away. This has proven not to be an easy task.


I have found that there seems to be a lot to do in downtown Indianapolis. So I think we'll have plenty to do if we decide to go.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

J.Michelle said...

Hey girl, going to the Moto GP in Indy is a great idea! Indy is where I grew up & I still live there today! Let me know if you need suggestions of where to stay, locations, things to do, etc. I've lived in Indianapolis for 21 years so, I might be able to provide some insider information. :) My e-mail address is jannamstinson@gmail.com if you want to get in contact with me. Happy trip planning! -Janna M.