Monday, February 9, 2009

I think we've decided on our honeymoon. Really.

We've gone back and forth with ideas on where to go for our honeymoon. The most rational idea is to go to Hawaii since my Aunt Vivian owns a condo there. We'd be able to spend 1 week at her condo free of charge, then hop on over to another island and stay there for about a week or so.


But then...Steve mentioned how he wanted to "splurge" - like really splurge. He mentioned Bora Bora. It's been an idea floating in our heads for a couple months now, but I think we're really going to do it. We are pinching our pennies and hoping for the best. Now that it's in our heads though, we don't want to settle for anything less. It's going to be expensive. We know that. But we also know that we will probably never be able to take a vacation like that again.

I looked online recently to see what types of packages they offer and found a 11 day, 10 night honeymoon deal. 4 nights in Moorea, 3 nights in Bora Bora, and 3 nights in Manihi (all in those awesome huts!) There are little additions you can add to your package, like a private sunset cruise, private dinner on the beach, etc. I'm getting so excited looking at all of this! I even looked at flights (for THIS May because, well, 2010 calendars aren't out yet). I'm thinking though, if we book early enough and use a travel agent, we might be able to shave some costs off of what I researched. We might be able to get some kind of deal. We'll see.




No comments: