Thursday, February 5, 2009

a few wedding updates


I'm sure I've mentioned that we'll be visiting Casa Larga this weekend to go see the DJ company perform at an actual wedding. I'm excited. I'm hoping we love what we hear and are able to book them next week.

I've also always known what I wanted to do for favors. I want to somehow include my heritage into our wedding without making it a huge, red, Chinese wedding. So, I've decided on these:
Take out containers as favors filled with cookies. I will be using a white box with blue ribbon. Maybe I'll add a monogram sticker. (I already bought 200 of these boxes! They were on sale for .29 each!)

Here are the placecard holders I want. So cute!

Tonight Steve and I are going to send our deposit in for Pastor Jack and get that all settled. I have the agreement form, I just need Steve to initial and sign it. So, hopefully by next week, we'll really have all the big stuff booked and done with. I'm still looking for a white archway to stand under during the ceremony, but I'm not having any luck. My florist (Wegmans) does not have them and other florists are hesistant to rent out something if they aren't "dressing" it. So we'll see. Maybe I'll scratch the whole archway idea. We'll see.

And Fatima (Nick's mom) will be taking me to Michael's to check out the stuff they have there for centerpieces. I can't wait. We're going to go in early March, when the new stuff will be out.

No comments: