Thursday, February 26, 2009

back from Minnesota

I spent a couple days in Minnesota this week - my company threw a party for our numerous guests out there and a bunch of us were able to go and have a good time. I got up at the ripe hour of 4:15am Tuesday morning and headed to the airport, with luggage, purse, and laptop in hand. Our direct flight was very easy, (I was a little nervous, after watching a few plane crashes over the last couple of weeks) we landed safely on the ground on time. We gathered up our team (14 of us!) and headed over to our new office.

Once there, my wonderful supervisor had bagels and coffee ready to go. I was able to do some work before having to set up for the party, which was good that I didn't lose an entire day of work.

The party started at 3:30 with a tour of the new office, then we headed to some presentation that discussed the impact of the economy on our businesses. Very interesting. Then it was time to eat, drink and be merry!

Clients were happy, had a good time and said some really nice things about us. (Phew!) Even though my one client was incredibly inappropriate the entire time (I don't think she has many friends), it was a good time! I'm so glad I was able to "bond" with her on a social level. Definitely helps the professional relationship.

The party ended abruptly at 9:00pm CST, and our team headed to the bar for some more drinks and some more food! (Have I mentioned lately how much I love my company!?) We got back to our hotel rooms around 11:00 CST, so it was time for bed. At this point, I had been up for 19 hours! Wow...I was surprised I actually hung in there!

The next morning, we promptly left the hotel at 8:15 and headed to the office to do some work before heading to the airport at 9:30. Got some work done, said buh-bye to my fellow co-workers and headed back en route to Rochester. We made it to Detroit on time and got to our gate and made it back to Rochester safely and on time again. Props to easy traveling.

Got home, hung out with Steve for a little bit, waited for Nick to come into town and then headed to the auto show. We saw some amazing cars there and had a good time! Today is my Friday too. Steve has the day off tomorrow and Nick is coming back into town from California tomorrow morning, so I decided to take the day off and hang with them.

So, I'm trying to get through today and then 3 day weekend here I come!

Wedding updates: I was finally able to ask Jami to be a bridesmaid! OMG I have been waiting for MONTHS to be able to ask her and she said yes! Steve and I took Kyle, Jami, and Korin out to Cheesecake Factory last Friday to a) ask Kyle and Jami to be in our wedding and b) thank them for saying yes. We knew it'd be a little expensive to treat everyone, but in all reality, they are going to be sacrificing and spending some money to be in our wedding too, so we thought it'd be a nice gesture to treat them. Kyle also said yes, no surprise there! It was really fun asking them. Steve is going to ask Nick to be his best man too sometime this weekend...I can't wait!

We also put our deposit down for the DJ. One more thing to cross off my list. Yay!

No comments: