Monday, January 26, 2009

birthday weekend celebrations

Well, it's another year past. Steve's birthday was yesterday and mine is tomorrow. Steve had to work all day Saturday, so I spent the day with my friend Jen, whom I've known since high school - she just had her second baby, so I made a lasagna and brought that over so she wouldn't have to cook. She has an almost two year old, Josh and little baby Jack is only two weeks old. Cutest thing ever. I seriously can't wait till it's my turn. Josh is like Jen says "a category 5 hurricane" and it's true. Ben was picking up the house and Josh was running around throwing everything on the floor. It was quite fun watching those two! I held Jack as long as I could - thinking how much he looked like Josh when he was born. But what's weird, is that Josh now looks white. I mean, blonde hair, blue eyes white. Jen is half Filipino and Ben is...you guessed it. White. When Josh was born, he had super dark hair and looked part Asian. As he grew, the Asianess wore off! His nice, dark hair fell out and was replaced by the blonde hair. Don't get my wrong, he's probably one of the cutest kids I've ever seen. I was hoping little Jack might maintain some of his heritage...but Jen's thinking, since he's so similar to Josh...that he'll eventually turn too.





So later that night, after my baby fix, we met up with my parents at a Chinese restaurant for dinner. Steve requested something different this time, and man....the food was GOOD! And it so happens to be Chinese New Year, so the dragon was out, the kids in the restaurant were all trying to get a glimpse and perhaps even give the dragon a "hong bao" which literally means "red bag" or "red purse" and money is usually in these little red envelopes. It was fun.





Then, after dinner, we headed over to Rich's house to hang out for a little bit. We made it an early night and left around 11:30 or so....I was of course tired and ready for bed at that time so it was fine by me!





Friday night I had started cooking for the weekend. I told Rich I'd bring over meatballs, so Friday night, as soon as I got home, hopped on the treadmill for about 30 minutes, got started with making the meatballs. I was up making meatballs for about 3 hours! 100 meatballs. Grandpa Teenie's recipe so I can't tell you what in them...but MAN they are GOOD. Then, Saturday, before going to Jen's, I was up making her lasagna. Then Sunday, since we had lunch plans with Steve's parents to celebrate our birthdays, I made another lasagna to bring over there. It's Steve's favorite and it beats take out any day. Hmmm...

Then, after lunch, we headed over to our friend's house to do some snowmobiling. It was cold. But fun.

Steve's parents got me new free weights (YES!!!!) and he got a part for his motorcycle (of COURSE).




My parents I think gave Steve cash and I got a GORGEOUS pair of diamond earrings. I was SHOCKED! My mom really surprised me with that one! I had been bugging her for probably 2 years now...she gave me diamond earrings a long time ago, and I, of course being so responsible, lost one on a NYC subway. Before I knew it...it was gone. Me bugging her had been a complete joke, since I'm now an adult and don't need my parents to buy me stuff (I had already told Steve it was on his list!) and they completely surprised me!





Oh, and my sister bought me the book "Eat. Pray. Love" By Elizabeth Gilbert. I can't wait to read it. I've heard so many wonderful things about this book. I can't wait to snuggle up and dive right in.





And I have to post this:





You know you're a redneck when....
you have a gas hookup to your pick up truck and your snowmobile is hanging off the end. Who says there's no room!?

No comments: