Wednesday, January 14, 2009

DJ

We met with one DJ company last night www.gosoundsystems.com. I had read good reviews about them on theknot.com and also got some good references from people I know who had used them. They have been in the business for 35 years and currently employ 12 DJs. The experience ranges from 5 years to 24 years. The lady we first met with, Joetta seemed to be really, really cool. Cool like I felt like I could sit and chat with her for hours. She seemed to know a lot about weddings and all things related. I really liked her right off the bat.

What's cool, is that they allow us to go "see" their DJs working, so we can get a feel for one or another or whatever. She gave us a list of upcoming events (a wedding at Casa Larga on 2/7!) that we can stop into to check out. We just have to be dressed properly and obviously not crash the wedding. We can just stand in the lobby area to get an idea. We really want to see the Casa Larga wedding, to see how the room looks and stuff when it's all set up. I'm excited for that!

My only concern would be that I don't want to get someone who has only done a handfull of weddings in his/her career. I'd like to have someone really upbeat, had done a ton of weddings, knows how to get a crowd going etc. I think being able to go see a DJ work in person will help us make the decision. We would also get this year's rate for next year. I've found that a lot of the vendors we're working with is doing this. I guess it's a good thing that we're planning so early! And Joetta made a good point. Doing everything this early makes sure that we get what we want. We won't be stuck with "whatever's left over." So that makes me happy.

So we're going to chat about this more - along with having a deeper conversation about Pastor Jack. We liked him. He was good. He didn't blow me away or anything...but I don't think anyone would. We'll see where things shake out.

This week is proving to be a good one. This weekend is Tom's surprise 25th birthday party. Nikki is throwing it for him at their house and invited all our friends to come down. We're heading over there around 12-1pm Saturday and helping to set up while Tom is out with Nikki's dad...we're hoping he can keep Tom away until 6pm! I'm not sure how this will all work out, but I'm super excited! I haven't seen Nik since September I think!

And one last thing. It's fucking cold outside. High of 10 today and tomorrow? High of 5. Awesome.

No comments: