Monday, January 5, 2009

woah...update

Wow - it's been so long since I've blogged! I'm not exactly sure why either...I don't have any new pictures to post...I really want a new camera so I can get more into taking photos.

Hmm...what's happened in the last few weeks...

Christmas was good, I ended up being sick for most of my time off, which totally sucked...but I'm glad that I was able to take some time off. Christmas Eve we spent with Steve's parents, ate some really good filet mignon and opened our stockings. Christmas morning Steve and I had our own little Christmas and opened our gifts to each other. Then we headed over to his parents' house again and did the whole thing over there again. We were having turkey for lunch, so I made Grandpa's stuffing, sweet potatoes, and squash and we brought the turkey over the night before so they could get that started before we showed up. It was really good! I'm pretty proud of myself on how well things turned out. After we ate, we opened more gifts and hung out and just enjoyed being around family. Then, we stopped home to take care of the dogs, then headed out to my parents' house to have Christmas dinner with them and open even MORE gifts! It was good, a lot of running around, but after that, Steve and I had 4 full days of NOTHING do to. It was glorious. Or so I thought. Nick came home the Tuesday before Christmas and the boys went out to the bars. I chose not to go, since I thought I'd have plenty of time to go out...so I let the boys have a boys night and I stayed home, cozy on the couch. Well, after all the festivities, I ended up getting sick Friday. I was sick until Tuesday! I even had to all off of work so I could get better.

Work last week was good, we had Thursday off for the New Year, and Steve and I didn't do anything for New Year's Eve. I never make it to midnight and I really tried this time too! We ended up falling asleep around 10:30 and Steve woke me up at mignight to kiss me. Then we went to bed. We really ARE old people! Haha...it makes me laugh at how old we act.

Saturday mom and I went to Pittsford Wegmans to check out the florist there for the wedding. They are really, really reasonably priced, so we went ahead and signed the contract right away. Steve and I are meeting with Pastor Jack this Friday evening...so I'm super excited about that. Then we have a meeting with the DJ next week too. So, once all of these are done and booked, we're done with the big stuff. Then it's just on to the little details.

It's fun, now that we're able to say we're getting married "next May" instead of "May, 2010" It sounds so much closer now!

No comments: