Thursday, January 8, 2009

ok ok ok! Stop talking about it and freaking DO IT ALREADY!

That's right. I'm done talking about it and I'm going to make some changes. Last night, Steve and I bought a treadmill. The NordicTrack T7 Si Treadmill to be exact.

I'm THRILLED. I'm so tired of complaining about my weight and how I've ballooned in the past 3 years. 30lbs. That's right folks, I've gained 30 pounds. That's a lot when you're only 5'2". So, we had seen this treadmill on sale at Sears a week ago and tried it out. We wanted to buy it. But, of course, we didn't. Finally, after thinking about it and how I could get 0% financing on it until February 2010, I figured, the montly payments on this is less than a gym membership at my local recreation center. I still have money left over from my bonus and I thought, what better way to use this money than to get this and finally get fit?!?!?

I have already started eating better, watching my portions and what types of food I put in my mouth. I'm starting out really slow. I love food. I can't give it all up just like that. So, for instance, instead of buying chips and dip, I'm buying multigrain chips with hummus. And I'm not snacking past 7pm. At least I'm trying not to snack past 7pm. For dinner the other night, I had a half a piece of pesto/sun dried tomato stuffed chicken breast (they were HUGE), a small scoop of rice and two servings of peas. After that, I had a clementine. Each morning I'm starting out with a tall glass of OJ (this counts as 1 fruit serving). I'm motivated. I have to be. But, the thing is, this is not just for my wedding. This is a lifestyle change.

I think I am going to start out walking on this beast 3-4 times a week. Slowly increasing to a jog. Then slowly increasing the incline. We're putting this in the basement, where we have a TV, couch, etc. so I can watch my shows, while doing something active. My goal is to lose 15 pounds by April 30 so when it's time to get our engagement photos done, I'll be good to go.

The treadmill comes with an iPod hookup, speakers, fan, cupholders, 12 pre-programmed "workouts" (I have no idea what this means), and adjustable cushioning (which is really good for Steve's back). I'm sure there are more features, but I can't remember.

It gets delivered next Friday (which kind of sucks because we're going away that weekend so I won't be able to really USE it until we get back).

I can't wait. I know I can do it. I know I can be skinny again. I just have to put my mind to it.

So what really kick-started me to do this? Steve and I over the holiday break got my shoe closet in order. (I will have pictures to post later). During the "clean all the shit out of the closet first" part, I came across a TON of old college photos. Spring break in Daytona, FL. Yep. Me in a bikini. Something I haven't seen in AGES. Something I don't want to think about....there were SO many pictures of me about 20 pounds lighter and I got sick thinking about how I have let myself go. Even in 2006, I remember wearing these really nice jeans...that I ended up giving to my sister a few weeks ago. The fact that she looked SO good in them really sucked. I thought "Damn! I used to look that good!" so here I am. Motivated to wear a teeny, tiny bikini when Steve and I go to Bora Bora for our honeymoon. I refuse, absolutely REFUSE to wear a one-piece with a skirt. Not for me. No thanks.

I'm going to start a "journal" or something similar. I might even do it here so I can track my progress.

I will post my current weight (not until the treadmill arrives) and what I've been eating each day. Then, I hope, as the weeks go by...I'll see some progress. I have 14 weeks to lose 15 pounds. That's about a pound per week.

Wish me luck!

No comments: