Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First real treadmill workout

Maybe I shouldn't use the word "workout." BUT, last night, after dinner at my parents' house, I hopped on the treadmill. I'm still learning how to use it, but man oh man. It was fun. Kind of. I was on it for approximately 45 minutes, I started out with a quick walk, slowly increasing to a jog. Then the "workout program" kicked in and it would slow it down, but increase the incline. Once I figured out what program I wanted to do, it did this the entire time. It'd speed up, decrease incline for maybe 5-6 minutes, then go back down, and the speed would increase. It was good. I really did feel it. I was sweating like a pig, my heartrate was increased. I definitely felt like I had "worked out." So, I gave myself a star on my calendar. My coworker told me how motivated it'd make her if she gave herself a star for working out. Once the calendar gets more filled, the more motivated she became. So, I'm doing the same thing.

I ended up walking/running for about 2 miles (it started over once I realized what program I wanted to use, so that's why it's an approximate, I don't exactly remember where it landed once I started over). I burned about 350 calories (I know, not a ton, but I'm still starting out!). I'm going to do it again tomorrow night, Friday night and Sunday. 4 times per week. Then I'll alternate with weights on the odd days.

Operation get skinny has officially started.

No comments: