Thursday, January 15, 2009

Surprise party and moving to Las Vegas???

Steve and I have a bunch of friends who have birthdays in January: Tom (8th), Nick (12th), Nikki (16th), Steve (25th) and yours truly (27th).

We don't normally do anything special for our birthdays, we all live in different cities and just haven't ever done anything to celebrate. Steve and I usually just go to a nice dinner, drink some wine...and spend the evening together. This year, we're not even doing gifts.

Nikki decided a few weeks ago that she wanted to throw Tom a surprise 25th birthday party. Of course I was in as soon as she told me about it...so invitations went out and the party is this weekend. I'm psyched! I haven't seen Nikki and Tom since September. It's about time! So, Nikki invited a bunch of friends from here in Rochester and we're meeting up at her house Saturday afternoon while Tom is out rabbit hunting with her dad. I just hope we can pull this off and not have him find out!

I've got Hudson booked at his kennel already, so we're all set there. I feel so bad leaving him there...he doesn't look back at us ever. He just willingly goes with whoever has the leash in hand. It makes me kinda sad that he doesn't look back. Luckily for Shelby, she's so good, that Steve's mom can watch her while we're gone. She's one of the most well behaved dogs I've ever met. Ever. Hudson would be up on the couches, leaning and suffocating Steve's poor mom. And his dad isn't too fond of Hudson anyways...so he'll be at the boarding kennel. This is the same facility where he took his OB classes and they are really a state of the art facility. I also signed Hudson of up for group play and I can see on a webcam what's going on! I know, I'm a freak about my dogs. I just know poor Hudson isn't going to sleep and his poor little nose is going to be raw when we get him back on Sunday. He never sleeps there and catches up on sleep when we get home. And his poor little nose turns pink from sniffing the bottom of the door...poor guy. It's not THAT bad....but you still feel bad that he's left there without knowing anyone. What's nice about this place is that I can call whenever I want and they are always super nice and willing to give me an update. The last time he was boarded, he got sick so the staff there called me and asked if it was OK to give him some meds that would help his belly. And they took him out more than the 6 times they are supposed to...so that made me happy too.

I will promise to try to take more pictures from now on. I really do want a new camera...both cameras I have now are both hand me downs from my mom. They are OK, but I would like something newer and better. The one Canon I have is seriously like 7 years old and the other little Canon I have is like 4 years old. Nothing special and takes "eh" pictures. Maybe this summer Steve and I will invest in a new one. But, I plan on taking the camera with me to Binghamton this weekend, so I'll try to get some new pics posted soon.

Mom is going to be going overseas to Thailand in January 28th. She typically goes overseas to get away from the bitter cold winters here in Western NY...and she'll be gone for approximately 2 months. Dad is joining her in March and spending 3 weeks with her there. BUT, as the title of this blog mentions...mom and dad are buying a second home in Las Vegas. At least that's the plan for now. They have a trip planned for April to do some house hunting/meeting with the builders to see what they want, how much, etc. Then, if they decided to do it, they'll go back sometime during the summer to close the deal. I think I might go with them then, once it's all finalized...to help buy furniture and decorate. It'll be fun to have a place to visit in Vegas. I mean. It's Vegas! They plan to move there for good once my dad retires. Which kind of sucks for Steve and I since my mom said she was going to watch our kids for us so we didn't have to pay a ton of money for daycare. We'll see how things shake out. Either way, I'd so much prefer my parents buy a house in Las Vegas, in the Continental United States, versus moving overseas, which was their other option.

No comments: