Thursday, September 11, 2008

resolution

My best friend from highschool and I have drifted apart over the years. We spent every. waking. moment. together from the time I was 15 to the time I was 18. We lost touch when I went away to college. She came with me and my parents to drop me off at UB. I came home after college and we basically picked up right where we left off...then we grew apart again and lately, for the past few months, we hadn't even been talking.

I realized that this person is someone who is extremely important to me, so I put myself out there and asked her to come over to talk. We desperately needed to reconnect, so I was hoping she was game. Luckily for me, she was. She came over last night for pizza and beer and we cried, talked and got everything out on the table. Phew. Was a relief. I felt better immediately and we both realized that we had almost given up on a friendship over nothing. We never had a blowout, we never fought, we just grew apart and then it got awkward and neither one of us knew what to say to the other. So now that everything is out in the open, we're both willing to make the effort to spend more time together. We used to just chill, drink some wine and hang out...we need to make sure we keep doing that.

A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I'm so happy.

No comments: