Friday, September 5, 2008

honeymoon change? quite possibly!

Steve and I had dinner at my parents house last night because out of town guests were in town visiting. I've known these people since birth. They have a daughter who is almost exactly one month younger than me, and I spent a significant amount of time with her in my earlier years (13-14). We played at a lacrosse camp together and I spent weeks among weeks with this family. I haven't seen them in 12 years. It was good to catch up. Christine, their daughter is vacationing in South Africa right now. Insane.

Anyways, during dinner, we were chatting about our wedding/honeymoon. Now, Steve and I had discussed perhaps changing our honeymoon location to be Amsterdam. We have just always heard great things about the place and hell, smoking pot is legal there. There are "coffee shops" everywhere that sell reefer. Hmm...so we figured to at least look into it. So, back to dinner. They mentioned that they had been to Amsterdam with their daughter and LOVED IT. They even said they each tried smoking a joint since it's legal there. I tried talking Mom into going and smoking a joint with us....she declined the invitation.

So, we're back to square one again...I think. Hawaii is beautiful and gorgeous and there's a ton of stuff to do...but it's really expensive is what I hear...so we're not sure now!

On another note...I think I'm going down to Binghamton tomorrow to see Nikki. It's been entirely too long since I've been able to really spend time with her...so I think I'll take a day trip down tomorrow. We'll see.

1 comment:

Jenna W said...

Amsterdam IS fun! And legal pot was SO WEIRD to see, you walk down the street and look into cafes and the cashier guy is freaking sorting through weed right behind the front doors!

I bet Mom was thinking about that time you talked her into getting a tattoo and now she's scared about smoking a joint with you. Just keep working on her, especially after she drinks one of her mixed drinks. Remember she got on Steve's bike after a drink?

I'll see you in about 2 weeks or so! Can't wait -- and I'm signing up for the climbing gym. Hopefully I can meet some Rochester climbers while I'm there...