Monday, September 29, 2008

OMG I FOUND A DRESS!! :)

I took my friend, who is also a bridesmaid to try on dresses at Alfred Angelo on Saturday. I walked in knowing that I was not going to buy a dress, since hell, my wedding is still 1 year 8 months away. Sooo...the point of this session was to see what material I liked, disliked, what style looks good on me, price points etc. The first time I went, I went to this really little boutique and didn't get a consultant or anything, so this experience was waaaaay different.

First of all, after some serious drama with my mom and sister over the past week, I'm SO GLAD I brought my friend/bridesmaid with me instead of my mom and sister. They will go to the last dress session and be there when I find "the dress" but for now, having another opinion on what looked good on me was helpful.

The first 3 we tried on were eh...ok. I found out that I really do like the sweetheart neckline, satin with a lace up back -corset style. I tried on this one off-white dress, that had pick-ups (not my thing...at least I didn't think so!) and really, really, really, loved the dress. The consultant got me a veil to wear with it and I think Korin and I almost cried - almost. We're not the crying type girls....so the fact that we were close to crying was good. She took some pictures...it was so fun! So now, when it's time to actually buy a dress, I'll know exactly what I'm looking for.

Seeing myself in a dress, with a veil really made it "real" for me. Steve and I constantly talk about how it still doesn't feel like we're actually getting married because we haven't really done anything yet. But seeing myself in a gown like that....phew...totally put things in perspective. Korin looked at me and said "you're going to marry Steve Ruple...." Wow...I am. Weird. I'm going to be Mrs. Ruple. HAHA.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oooh, send me a link to the dress! I wanna see. :)

I tagged you on my blog. Check it out.