Monday, September 8, 2008

How I love thee

My best friend lives 2 hours away from me. I decided that since I wasn't going to Toronto anymore with my parents, and Steve had to work, that I would head down to Binghamton to visit my one and only Nik. I got down to her house around 11am and we immediately left to take Chels (her little 14 year old sister) home to her parents' house. It was nice to see her parents again, since I haven't seen them since Nik's wedding in May. I have to say...I have a small crush on her dad. He's just so funny and warm and charming!

Anyways, hanging out with Nikki just makes me realize how I miss having a best friend around. I mean...we didn't do anything! We just sat around, smoked, watched a movie, ordered Chinese and hung out and talked! I loved it! I NEED that with girlfriends and it seems like she's the only one that really, truly understands me. I stayed until about 4:30 or so and started to get tired so I decided it was time to go.

Everything was going fine until my gas light came on. I really, really thought I'd make it all the way home since I just put $50 in the gas tank before I left! Well, of course it doesn't work out that way and so my gas light goes on after I hit Syracuse and I panic. I want to get to the closest exit and I want to get there fast. I'm not sure how many miles I get after the light goes on. In my Jetta, I knew I had 1.5 gallons after the light goes on, so I probably had about 40 miles left. Not so sure with the Pilot. I didn't get the owners' manual since it was used when I bought it...so I wasn't sure what I had to work with. Well, as luck would have it, I get pulled over doing 83 in a 65. FUCKING GREAT. I haven't had a speeding ticket in like 4 years! UGH! I'm so mad at myself! I tried talking to the trooper, explaining why I was driving so fast...yeah..he didn't care.

Since I have a pretty clean record, the trooper advised me to plead not guilty and to go talk with the DA. I'll probably get it reduced he says. I'm sure I'll get it reduced, but the annoying part of it is that I have to drive 45 minutes out to wherever the hell I got the ticket to deal with it. ARGH. But, if that will save me money and points on my license, then I'm going to do it.

Tonight is also my first aerobics class. Heather is coming to get me so we can ride over together...I'm scared. Heather tells me the instructor is diesel and will kick our assses into tomorrow. I shouldn't complain, because I really, really want to lose weight and get toned. I told Steve that we have to set up the DVD player down in the basement too, so I can do my tae bo down there without anyone bothering me.

Wish me luck.

No comments: