Wednesday, November 5, 2008

he won!

Go Obama go! I'm pleased to say that I went to go vote last night after work and then came home to watch election coverage until 11pm when we found out that Mr. Obama won! Hooray! Time for change...

Now that I've done my duty to celebrate Obama's big historical win...on to some really sad news.

My friend Heather has a little weiner dog Tessa. I've met Tessa quite a few times and everyone knows of my love of weiner dogs. Especially mini ones. She's one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. Ever. Heather just found out that poor Tessa is sick with cancer. An incurable kind. Pure devastation. I don't even know what to say to her. I can't even imagine what she's going through. Tessa doesn't act sick, or look sick, but her lymph nodes prove otherwise. I ready her blogs and cry. I drive by her house and cry...I don't know what to say to her...I don't think there IS anything to say, other than I'm sorry. She'll never see her 3rd birthday. Her prognosis: 1-3 months. Unbearable.

I think about Hudson and Shelby and I think about what I would do if this ever happened to them. Shelby is getting up there in age - over 5 years old with bad hips. I worry about her well being and I don't like to think about what we'll do when the time comes. She'll be on pain meds in the coming years...luckily so far she's doing great only on supplements, but you can tell when she walks/runs that her hips won't last long.

When Snowball passed...it was one of the hardest decisions ever. Physically he seemed ok. Mentally, he wasn't there anymore. He was blind, deaf, and had signs of dementia. It wasn't fair for him to continue living...it wasn't a life anymore...he was existing. But he was 17. He had lived a long, healthy, full life.

Tessa is full of life still and acts completely healthy. I just hope she continues to be this way until the end.

Heather - I'm so sorry you're going through this. If you need anything, anything at all...please let me know.

No comments: