Monday, November 10, 2008

back from MN and Steve's herniated disk

I was traveling last week for work - I left Thursday evening and arrived late that night. Grabbed a bite to eat with some coworkers and went to bed. Got up super early to meet up with our clients at 7:45 (CST) so it was my normal time of 8:45 EST. Had a loooonnnngggg meeting with a bunch of clients, but it all went pretty smoothly. I guess when you're expecting the absolute worst, but things are uneventful...then it turns out to be good. No finger waving, no slapping around, no insults being thrown our direction. All in all. Pretty good. The one hiccup is that our 3rd team account member has been let go. For various reasons, she just never grasped the concept of working on the agency side. It was no surprise to her or anyone else for that matter. Now I have to work with my supervisor to cover her stuff until a new person is hired. From what I was told, we're close to hiring someone.

I got back late Friday night - around 11:30...I was tired, hungry, and ready for bed. I get home to find Steve laid out on the floor. He found out earlier in the day that the back problems he's been having are due to a herniated disk. Great. He'll need surgery and a one month recovery. Even better. The doctor said he may not need surgery, but c'mon, with his type of work, it's better to solve the problem now, than suffer through it each year. So, we're going to see what happens for the next month or so and then decide when surgery will be.

We stayed in almost all weekend - Steve was not feeling up to doing much, since he was on quite the cocktail of drugs. Valium, Vicodin and steroids. We watched Get Smart and vegged on the couch (well, he stayed on the floor). Sunday Steve felt good enough to run some errands with me. I had to get a money order to pay off my stupid speeding ticket - it's been 2 weeks since I had court, so I had better get my money to them before they suspend my license. Then, we headed over to the mall - we are desperately looking for a new mattress and I had seen that Macy's was having a sale...well, we didn't find any mattresses. So then we stopped over at JCPenny's to find some ugly sweaters for the ugly sweater party this weekend. Those bitches cost like $50! No way we're spending that much on ugly sweaters. Off to the VOA sometime this week after work.

This morning I went to pick up dad to bring him to the airport at 6:30am. Woke up at 5:45. Great. Then, to top things off and to make my day even LONGER, I have to go pick up mom at 6:50pm from the airport. Dad's on his way to Sydney, Australia and mom is on her way home from NYC. I can't wait until my sister gets her license.

No comments: