Tuesday, November 25, 2008

fucking idiots

During the holiday weeks, generally the highways and roads are pretty clear of cars, as many people take vacations during this time. Not me. At least not until Christmas. So, I'm driving into work today and in the left lane is a red Caravan. Driving 55 miles an hour on a 65 mile and hour HWY. So as I get closer, the van starts tapping its brakes, letting me know that I'm coming to close and too fast. Okaaaay....wellllll then PULL OVER TO THE RIGHT LANE ASSHOLE. So I'm riding his/her ass as she continues to drive 10 miles UNDER the speed limit, in the PASSING LANE and this person is waving his/her hand to me, telling me to pass on the right. Sorry ass, I'm going to stay in this lane and push your stupid van over. Ok, well, that didn't work so well, so as soon as I saw my chance, I moved to the right, glared at the OLD STUPID lady driving the red van. She looks at me and puts her hands up in the air as if to say "what!? stop riding my ass" and I mouth the words slowly as I'm driving directly next to her "LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING BITCH " I highly doubt she knew what I was saying, but me being an asshole, got right in front of her and slammed on my brakes. Yeah, yeah, I know, road rage is bad blah, blah, blah and I might get shot - whatever. Get the fuck out of my way. I hate idiot drivers. I hate people who don't know the left lane is for passing and the right lane is for idiots to drive 10-20 miles UNDER THE GODDAMN SPEED LIMIT. Yes, I'm bitter. I deal with this shit EVERY DAY. Get off the roads if you can't drive. UGH.

Anyways, now that that's done and over with - Nick is coming into town today. Steve and I stayed up late to clean the entire house because we were supposed to do it over the weekend, but we were both too tired to. So, up we stayed to finish cleaning the house before guests arrived.

We also found out that Steve not only has ONE herniated disk, but TWO. That's right. L4 and L5 (lower back) so we have to go see a neurosurgeon and see what to do next. I'm guessing surgery after the first of the year, as the other treatments are just that - treatments for the symptoms...not actually treating the problem. So we'll see what comes of the meeting with the surgeon.

Dad is home from Australia and also had surgery on the back of his neck. He had this really large lypoma tumor growing for quite some time and never really noticed it. So it got so large that finally, he realized that "something's just not right" so two days after getting home from the land down under, he was put under and this tumor was taken out. I went to my parents' for dinner, saw my pathetic, miserable dad doped up on Vicodins, trying to watch TV. Jogl, my sister's boyfriend/fiance (whatever) is also in town. It was nice to finally meet him, he seems like such a nice, normal guy. I hope it works out between him and my sister. He'll be around for Thanksgiving, so that will be fun, having more people this year (family vs random friends). I feel bad for Steve's parents, as it's the first real year without Grandpa Teenie....so we invited them to my parents' house, but with Sue's disability, it's hard for them to go places that aren't wheelchair accessible. So they are staying home, we'll go visit after we eat...and bring them plates of food.

What I LOVE about Thanksgiving with my parents is that my mom cooks EVERYTHING. I mean, traditional turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and sweet potatoes and everything PLUS all the awesome Chinese food too. There's ALWAYS so much to eat! I love it!

So, I'm suffering through today and tomorrow, then I'll have a nice small break for 4 days. I'm trying to get some Christmas shopping in during this weekend, but who knows. I got Steve two things...I better get going on all the other stuff! I always tell myself that I'll start early and not have to fight at the stores, or to get stuff online etc....but I always end up waiting till the last minute.

Anyways - my blogs are always so damn random, just my thoughts as they go through my mind....yes, I'm always all over the place. Get used to it.

No comments: