Monday, October 27, 2008

fun-filled weekend with good friends

Our best friends don't live in town anymore. Well, not all of them anyway. Tom and Nikki live in Binghamton and Nick lives in New Jersey. We dont' get to see them all that often and when we do, we try to make the best out of it.

Nick came into town Thursday night - around midnight - I was sleeping of course when he got in, but since Steve was off Friday, he stayed up and waited for Nick. I should have known that Steve would end up sleeping on the couch with Nick while I slept alone upstairs. Not even the dogs came to join me....

Anyways, I got out of work Friday at 4:15 and earlier in the day had found out that my bestest friend Nikki was going to be coming up too! She and her husband own a bunch of apartments so it's really hard for them to get away for long weekends. There's always something going on, they always need someone to cover something while they're away. We had been planning on having them come up too, but up until Friday, it was a "they can't make it" so I was an awesome surprise to find out Friday that they'd be actually coming. I got home and saw that Nick was busy on his computer working for most of the day. Tom and Nikki pulled up right when I got home...we didn't have any real plans, so we just hung out and caught up on our lives. The boys ended up going to the bars later that night but Nikki and I decided to hang back and have ourselves some good girl talk. We woke up to the boys coming home around 2:30 and stayed up and chilled for another hour or so.

Saturday Nikki and I had a few things to do: we met my mom at Casa Larga to go over the contract and details. I have to wait for the contract to get to me, then go over to my parents house with Steve to go through it with a fine tooth comb before sending our deposit in. That will hopefully happen tomorrow. Then right after that Nikki and I went to go pick up my dress! She helped me try it on and I pranced around the store for a little bit. Then we headed over to my mom's house to put it away until 2010!! It seems so far away, but I know time will just FLY. I'm SO glad Nikki was able to come up with me and do those things with me. It's so weird though, it seriously seems like it was just yesterday that I was helping her with her wedding. It's already been 5 months since she got married. So weird how time really does fly.

Then after all the errands, Steve and I had to stop over his parents' house to have dinner with his parents since it was his dad's birthday. We brought over a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (his favorite) over for dessert. Then we headed back to our house where Nick, Nik and Tom were waiting. We were planning on hitting up the Haunted Hayride of Rochester out in Williamson - but it was pouring rain all day...but it cleared up so we were good! It was really muddy, but it was pretty warm out and we really had a good time! It was scarier than I thought it was going to be....they tried pulling me off the wagon like 4 times, but Steve had a good grip on me and wouldn't let me fall off.

We stayed in for the rest of the night since we're all old people and fell asleep on the couch around 11pm.

Sunday was a lazy day - Nick left right around 11am - he has a 5+ hour drive home. Tom, Nik, Steve and I ran a bunch of errands, stopped at Home Depot to get Hudson a new run (since he broke his AGAIN), get keys made, stopped at the hydro store and went to Pelligrino's for lunch. Tom and Nikki left around 4pm and Steve and I cleaned the house and relaxed.

Now, tonight I have stupid court for speeding. ARGH.

No comments: