Friday, November 14, 2008

update update who wants an update?

Things are still going pretty crazy here at work. Having let go our 3rd team member, I've picked up a lot of slack, but it's not all bad. Now that I'm leading these projects, I do them how I want to do them, versus cleaning up someone else's mess. It's ok though, I'm sure they are close to filling the position.

Steve's back: the doctor is taking is sweet ass time calling us back. We call, no answer, we leave messages, no call back. I'm telling Steve to be the most annoying patient alive, because clearly, even if you have a herniated disk, can't feel your left leg, can't bend down to put your own damn socks on, it STILL doesn't mean you might need an MRI. "The insurance company might not approve of this" the doctor says (when he called MY phone and not Steve's, but wouldn't discuss the matter with me). So we wait. Steve is in less pain, but is still in pain. He's still working because hell, we need him to. BUT, we need the MRI to determine whether or not he should be working. I was hoping it'd happen today. But no. No call back from the doctor. Great.

In other news (I know this blog is typically very random) my poor sister didn't pass her road test. She didn't pass her first time around 15 years ago either. This time, my mom told me that she was too nervous and overly cautious. That's gotta suck. Plus, her boyfriend/fiance person is coming to visit and unfortunately, they will need my mom or dad to drive them around for the 3 weeks he's spending here. Eesh. Glad I'm not them. I guess she just needs to drive as much as she can before her next test.

Ugly sweater party tomorrow - I'm excited. I have an ugly sweater that my mom had in her closet (surprise, surprise, my mom is known for having weird articles of clothing she's purchased from some Asian country - Taiwan, Thailand, or China). In some places, this sweater just might be trendy. I'm actually not sure if it's ugly enough for this party. It's a fitted sweater, with an Asian woman's face on the front and this sweater is sprinkled with sparkles and sequins. Her lips and fingernails are also shiney. So tomorrow, Steve and I have plans to head over to the VOA or Goodwill to find him an ugly sweater. If I find an uglier one, you better bet I'm spending the $4.99 to get it! We just didn't have the time this week and with Steve working all week with his back....I can't blame him for taking 12 vicodins and valiums as soon as he gets home. (Ok, he didn't take that many).

So glad it's Friday. So glad the day is half over. So glad Steve and I are going to stuff large amounts of Dinosaur BBQ into our bodies for dinner tonight. Thanks Kitty - for that $50 gift card. Considering the fact that you wanted your employees to fund their own holiday party (which was to take place in the showroom during work hours). Never mind the fact that the service department for Ford won the top 10 award multiple times in a row and that your Subaru dealership is the #1 in the nation. Nevermind all that. So thanks for the generous gift - it's about fucking time.

No comments: