Thursday, October 9, 2008

Halloween costumes



Steve and I never participate in any dressing up for any of the Halloween parties we've gone to together. I think the last time I dressed up was in college and I didn't have this elaborate costume, hell, I was in college and poor...so I found this cute little pumpkin costume for like $19 or soemthing cheap and wore that with some knee high boots and black tights. It was cute. But nothing too fun or crazy.



I had no idea what I should be this year. Steve and I have talked about him being Jim Dangle from RENO 911 because it's so damn funny. I don't like the show, but seeing Jim Dangle run around in his khaki shorts is funny. I found a costume online, but now Steve refuses to wear it. He says he'll be the laughing stock of the party - but isn't that funny? Everyone is dressing up so it'll be fine. But no, he refused. Last night I went with Korin and team to find costumes, wigs etc. Jim Dangle was staring me in the face when I walked into Arlene's Costume shop - I called Steve right away and told him I was buying it. I told him that since I'm about to spend $5o on this stupid costume, he'd HAVE to wear it. I tried convincing him that I'd get the slutty girl version, but they didn't have it in my size. So finally, after some coaxing, Steve said "just bring it home and I'll try it on and see if I can wear it to the party" All sales are final though, so even if he doesn't like it, I'm going to find a way to stuff him into that damn costume.




Since 99% of the costumes for girls were all SLUTTY, I decided to go with...............................................................................................................................NAPOLEON DYNAMITE. Yep - that's right. No slutty costumes for me thankyouverymuch! Costume comes with wig, glasses and Vote for Pedro T-shirt. I just have to go to WalMart to buy those fancy dancy snow boots from 1985. Classic.




Stay tuned for pictures of Steve wearing the this costume. The shorts are the best part.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are too funny. I love Halloween, but hate (I repeat, *hate*) the costume part of it. I did the dressing up thing in college, too (and hated it) but since then, I have avoided it. But then you always feel like an asshole showing up to the party as the only one NOT dressed up, too. It's a lose/lose situation.