Thursday, October 2, 2008

reading(s)

I wasn't sure if we were going to have anyone do any readings at our wedding. Not that I don't like them, but I wasn't sure what they'd say. I'd want it to be personal, but who would do it? I came across this today:

"It is often said that it is love that makes the world go round. However, without doubt, it is friendship which keeps our spinning existence on an even keel. True friendship provides so many of the essentials for a happy life-it is the foundation on which to build an enduring relationship, it is the mortar which bonds us together in harmony, and it is the calm, warm protection we sometimes need when the world outside seems cold and chaotic. True friendship holds a mirror to our foibles and failings, without destroying our sense of worthiness. True friendship nurtures our hopes, supports us in our disappointments, and encourages us to grow to our best potential. (Bride) and (Groom) came together as friends. Today, they pledge to each other not only their love, but also the strength, warmth and, most importantly, the fun of true friendship.”

This quote is perfect for Steve and I. I didn't know who I'd ask to read this - then thought hey! This would be perfect for Lisa, Steve's sister to be a part of our wedding. I'm going to chat with Steve about this and then ask Lisa if she'd like to do it.

Taking mom and Jennifer to Alfred Angelo on Sunday to go see THE DRESS that I LOVED last week. Again, not going there to purchase the dress (at least not my intentions!) but Mom stated that if this is the first dress that took my breath away, after trying on about 8 others....we should at the very least go check it out. And the fact that it's less than half of my dress budget...well, that makes Dad's wallet happy too.

No comments: