Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crackberry

I finally got one. Finally. I'd been wanting one, but I really didn't want to pay the extra $30 per month for the data package. I finally gave in. For my line of work - it really DOES make sense. It's super convenient for me to have it so if I'm in meetings, I can still get emails, know what's on my calendar for the day etc. It's nice.

Steve and I went to Verizon last night after work to get it. We didn't realize that he'd get a corporate discount through his work, so we had to go back to the house to get it and go back to the store.

I actually got into it with the customer service girl who was supposed to be ringing us out and getting my phone ready. It was pretty obvious that she was stressed, didn't like her life or her job. She was frustrated, pissed off. You could easily tell by her demeanor. So she tells us that Steve's paystub was too old and we told her that no one ever said it had to be within 60 days. C'mon, we had JUST driven all the way home and back again to get the phone. Steve told her that he knew there was a way to override the cost and we could bring the correct paystub in the next day. She was clearly not happy. The manager came over and said "sure, we can override the cost, as long as you make sure to bring in the stub tomorrow" after he said that, the stupid girl said to HIM "you're trying to piss me off aren't you" - she said it TWICE. I said back "never mind, I don't want the phone, I don't want to PISS anyone off" and she got nasty with me! She actually pointed her stupid little finger in my face and said "I never said I was pissed at YOU, I was talking to HIM" my reply "it doesn't matter who you're talking to, you're completely unprofessional and rude - you don't talk like that in front of customers, if I did that, I'd be fired" and she went on to tell me that I had to respect her. She told me that I was being out of line. Then she said "Do you want the phone or not" Okaaaaaay. Riiiight. I'm the customer remember? I'm always right! I'm spending hundreds of dollars here! I've been a loyal Verizon customer for over 10 years! PLEASE. I haven't done anything wrong!! I just want a new phone!

We requested that someone else take care of us. In the meantime, I just stared at her the entire time the other guy was ringing us out. Glaring. She said nothing. The manager said nothing. We still bought the damn phone.

This morning I called the store manager and explained the entire story from beginning to end. He said "I'm going to take care of this in 3 seconds" he did NOT sound happy AT ALL. I was calm, collected and explained that I understand we all get frustrated at work, but WE CAN'T SHOW IT. He was pissed and apologized over and over again telling me that this is not how they treat people, that she will get a talking to etc. Let's hope that actually happens. I did tell him that other customers heard everything and they were probably disgusted by her behavior as well.

Fuck her. If she can't handle that job, she should get a new one where her job description doesn't include talking to people.

My phone ROCKs by the way.

No comments: