Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Engagement photo session!

I was so nervous! I'm not sure why, as I'm not a shy person. The more I thought about it, the more nervous I got! If I was this nervous about e-pics, I will be a hot MESS when I do my b-pics! But, after we got used to being in front of a camera, it was so fun. So fun I wish I could be followed around by an amazing photographer all the time. It was kind of like having paparazzi. It took a bit to learn how to "not pose" and just be us.

We started out at this little no-named park down the street from our house. What I liked about it was that it had a long, straight, dirt trail with lots of over-hanging trees. It wasn't as groomed as I remembered from last year, but it was still OK. We only took a few shots there. This whole time I wasn't sure about the other locations. I just didn't know!


Right before John (photographer) got to our house, I was thinking "hey! The village would be awesome!" so we went there. Lots of cool lines, lots of cool, different looking places in the Village. The bridge, the canal, the cool brick wall by the ice cream place. It was so awesome.


We brought the bike a prop and got some really cool glamour shots of it against the brick wall and with us on it. I'm not sure how good we looked on the bike or if my face looked like a meatball like it tends to. We'll see in a couple weeks how they turned out. John said we only needed about 20 good shots.


When we wrapped up, Steve made it home before John and I did and out comes Steve and both dogs with their fancy collars on. I knew right away what Steve was about to ask "do you think you could get some good shots with the dogs?" Our photographer is cool and said of course - so we headed to the backyard out of the sunlight and got some amazing shots of the dogs. Got a couple with the dogs and us, but I always wanted to get some nice head shots of the dogs to get framed. Here's one sneak peek:

I love how we look like we're having fun in the background. And Hudson looks soooo handsome!

We should be able to go in 2-3 weeks to pick out our favorites and then we can get started on our save the dates and our card box. And it's just nice to have SOME professional pictures of Steve and I in our house. I will post more as soon as I can.

No comments: