Friday, April 17, 2009

and so it begins....

I had my first wedding dream/nightmare last night. I have heard stories of other brides having these dreams/nightmares and I was wondering when I'd have my first. I call it a nightmare even though it wasn't THAT bad...but only because as I was putting on my wedding dress, with the help of my bridesmaids, I realized that I have never gotten any alterations done, got the bustle taken care of...and no shoes. I realized that I had stopped wedding planning at where I am right now (a year out) and the guys had no tuxes since we never went to go pick any out. I don't remember what the girls were wearing....then all of a sudden it skipped to the reception and I was tossing the bouquet to the single ladies (put your hands up!) and it hit the ceiling, fell and no one picked it up.

For some reason I don't remember any of the guys being in my dream. I'm not sure if they were even at the wedding! Ha!

I do have to say though, my dress looked AWESOME on me in my dream. I went to my parents house the other weekend and went to go take a look at it. I want to try it on again, now that I have lost 4 pounds (that's right folks, still holding steady at only losing 4 pounds in 3 months, don't even get me started!) so I'm wondering if the dress will look different on me now. It has a corset back, so I know I won't need alterations really, but I'm just curious to know if there will be a difference. My clothes fit much better, my jeans fit awesome....I don't have a muffin top anymore when I put on jeans fresh out of the dryer....c'mon you know what I'm talking about....maybe I'll take a trip over there again and try it on. Just for fun. Oh and I need one of those underneath skirt puffer outer. You know what I'm talking about? That thing that you put on under the dress to keep it puffed out and big-looking. I need to find one of those.

I'm so excited to be coming down to our 1 year mark. I know, sounds kind of stupid since one year is like an eternity. But's it's pretty huge to us. We've been engaged for 10 months. This 10 months really have flown by. I hope the next year flies too!

Did I mention we're getting our engagement pictures done on 5/23? So excited for that. Steve started running on the treadmill to get in shape for our pictures. Haha...who knew he was so vain!

In other news, tomorrow I have a birthday party to go to. It's for my flower girl Charli! I absolutely CANNOT believe she's 3. THREE! Where did the time go!? Steve and I are going to Target today after work to get her a gift. So fun. Too bad he can't come too since he's working tomorrow.

OH and one more thing: the director of client services and VP of my company (who is awesome by the way) called me into her office. I was a little TERRIFIED since news around this time is never good, but it turned out to be good news! I was asked if I'd like to be put on another account. OF COURSE! Anything to keep me challenged and busy! She said "we would love to have you on XXX account. There has been a lot of turnover for this client and we would like to have someone who will be around for a long time, someone we can trust to take the bull by the horns and run with it." AWESOME. I'm excited! I attended my first meeting yesterday, even though all I did was sit there and listen. But I can't wait to enter new territory and learn new things!

No comments: