Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas stuff is up!

I know, I'm terrible about posting pictures, so I promise, tonight, I will post some pictures of our weekend. Steve and I like to get our tree right after Thanksgiving, and since Thanksgiving came so late this year, we really had to hustle getting our tree right away. So, conveniently, this past weekend was Steve's weekend off, so we went Saturday morning to the Christmas Tree Shop in Henrietta and bought a ton of Christmasy stuff. See, last year, we had just moved into our house, and didn't have a lot of extra cash to be buying our own Christmas stuff. So, our house went without lights, we didn't have the random, cute Christmas stuff strewn around our house...so I made sure this year we had plenty.

We made out like bandits! We got a ton of random stuff to put around the house....I love it! So, Steve and I were up on the roof Saturday to put up our lights (they look AWESOME!) and then we headed off to Wilbert's to get our tree. We made it there right around 4:15pm so it was starting to get dark out (ick). We trudged along...and it was FREEZING...waaaay colder than last year for sure...and we found it! And it only took us probably 30 minutes! I remember, last year it took us like an hour and a half to find the perfect tree....and we walked FOREVER...but not this year! It was pretty easy! So we got the tree home, put it up and then conked out on the couch. Steve's back was hurting pretty bad....and we had plans to see our favorite Korin, but Steve was in pain and didn't feel like going anywhere. So I stayed behind too and just hung out with him.

Sunday, we had to stop at my parents' house to get my medication, stopped at Wegmans to get stuff so I could make lasagna (mmmm) and then decorated the tree and hung out - lazy Sunday to say the least. But it was FREEZING outside and so windy - it was a good day to stay home.

Oh - forgot to mention our mailbox. Remember back in the summer when a drunk driver took out our mailbox? We went out and got a really nice replacement (thanks to the insurance of the drunk) and Steve spent a half day digging the hole etc. to put up our new mailbox. Well, Sunday morning, a freakin snow plow came through and took out our mailbox. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Took it out completely. Gone. The box itself is ruined. Fuck. Of course. This nice, new, mailbox only lasted 6 months. Fucking great. So the town will replace it, but it will only give us what they want to give us - post and plain black mailbox. I mean, I shouldn't complain, since they will replace it, but man....ours was so nice! UGH. So I guess we learned our lesson. Living on a main road - this is what we have to put up with. So we will never have a nice, pretty mailbox, we will go with what the town gives us and I'm sure it'll get taken out AGAIN at some point, so why bother? When we live in a nice neighborhood, we'll have a nice mailbox.

Hudson is scheduled to get his nails clipped today. I know, I know, you'd think someone who is a dog freak would know how to clip nails. Well, I have to blame Steve for this one. See....Shelby will just sit there or lay there and let you do whatever to her. She doesn't care. Hudson however, is TERRIFIED. As he should be. Steve tried to get him to tolerate it by holding him down and forcing him to accept it. I was almost in tears and I made him stop. So now, every time we bring out the clippers, Hudson freaks out. Steve's fault for not introducing it properly to him. So now we have to pay $14 every two weeks until the quick in his nails receeds, then we can try again on our own. Jesus. So, he has an appointment today to get his nails done, rabies and distemper.

I can't wait to post the pictures I have of Hudson wearing his elf hat and Shelby wearing her antlers. Fucking hilarious.

No comments: