Monday, June 2, 2008

Our mailbox? GONE.

Yep - that's right. Our mailbox is no longer with us and what a way to go. Saturday night Steve and I decided to stay in and relax. We've both been pretty stressed out lately, so we wanted to stay in and do nothing. We started the morning off with Hudson's last OB class, and we even got a cute little certificate saying he passed the class! At the end of class, our instructor allowed us to play with some of the agility obstacles in the other ring. Hudson loved it! He loved jumping the hurdles, he loved going through the tunnel, he even walked across the tall catwalk type thing! I might get him signed up for a beginner's agility class.

So we went home, cleaned the house, smoked and ended up on the couch. There I laid for most of the day....it was rainy out too, so that definitely made me want to stay in.

I fell asleep around 11pm or so and at 2am I decided it was time to go to bed. I must have fell asleep as soon as we got up there because the next thing I know, Steve is shaking me to get me to wake up yelling "did you hear that?! Something's going on outside! What the hell!?" and I decided that since I hadn't heard anything...that he must be just hearind things.

We get up Sunday morning, and lo and behold, our mailbox is gone. Just GONE. There's a path of destruction on our front lawn. Skid marks, broken plastic, a headlight cluster, etc. Plus, our little mailbox about 25 yards from our house. WTF!? Steve immediately thought that either kids were messing around hitting mailboxes, but then when he saw the car parts, thought....it was probably a stupid drunk driver. Well...this sucks. Because now WE have to pay to get a new mailbox and Steve has to waste his time to do it. GREAT. THANKS drunk driver dude.

So, I'm getting out of the shower and look out the window - a sherriffs car is in our driveway. Ok....I think...must be about our mailbox. I mean...what else is there? So Steve runs out to meet the cop and this cop says that the cop on duty last night SAW THE WHOLE THING HAPPEN. Great! Well, now we know what happened and it turned out to be some 20 year old idiot, driving with a suspended license, and drunk (3 times the legal limit). So hooray for us! We now will get our mailbox paid for and this stupid fuck of a person not only has to pay for the mailbox, but he blew out two tires on his car, is under 21 (no tolerance) and will probably not get his license back for some time. HAHA. I mean, yes, our mailbox is replaceable. But what if someone was outside? Who cares if it's 3am....there are people everywhere. What if he killed himself?

So hopefully people will get how drunk driving is not a good idea. Hopefully this stupid kid will realize that he could've killed himself or someone else.

And we have a new mailbox.

1 comment:

Jenna W said...

whoa, crazy. it's so awesome that the cop saw it, usually that doesn't happen, in addition to the cop coming over to tell you what's up. so how is Hudson behaving now? is there a change?